Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Quilt!

It's almost done!  Check it out... First is the sweaters post-scissor invasion, the second is after they've all been sewn together and then the backing applied.  The back piece is actually purchased new rather than recycled.  It's a super soft plush fabric I purchased at a deep discount for $7.






So, here's the quilt I made for under $25!  I still have to do a few finishing touches, but I am so proud of myself.  Next up: purple/gray or fall colored quilt!

2 comments:

  1. i've always wanted to make one of these... considering i havent touched a sewing machine in over 15 years (7th grade home ec class) I may have to revisit and invest in one soon :) great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought it would be really hard, but I was surprised how easy it was! I was looking at Etsy and all the colorful and wonderful quilts and upcycled sweater items they have and was so inspired to try it myself... The hardest part was getting the sweaters.

    ReplyDelete