Sunday, February 20, 2011

Outfit

I didn't get this posted on Saturday because for most of the day we didn't have power.  And by most of the day, I mean from at least 9am to some time after dinner.  Since we live in the basement, this made it hard to even find a pair of socks.  I also had it hit home how dependent we are on electricity: no hot water, no heat, no way to cook food (we had to go out for dinner), couldn't microwave the heatable bean bags, no internet, no lights to read a book, couldn't watch a movie or turn on my sewing machine, do my laundry or my taxes, which were all on my list of things to do this weekend.

However, for your viewing pleasure I'm uploading this outfit pic.  Nate loved how the brown suede jacket matched my boots. The jacket is formal enough to wear for sponsor dinners, but informal enough to just wear to out to eat or to the lab; I love it!

Necklace: handmade, gift. Dress: thrifted (NWT), Goodwill ($5).  Jacket: Kohl's. Tights: thrifted, Plato's Closet ($2). Boots: thrifted, Plato's Closet ($7).
Yup, there's exactly one thing there I bought from an actual retail store.  And I bought it on sale with a gift card, lol.  It was so worth it, as an item like that is hard to get second-hand, it looks SO good, and I've gotten a ton of use out of it.  Definitely worth the money.

1 comment: