Friday, March 4, 2011

Is this illegal?

Sometimes I feel like looking over my shoulder thinking I'm about to be arrested.  Granted, I don't think I've broken any laws, but it sure feels like it.  What crimes, you ask?  I'm talking robbery.

We've all gotten really good deals at Goodwill and similar thrift stores before.  We all have a couple of items we still hold up and say, "Wow, and I really got this for $X?"  This week, a downtown community donation center was having a big sale where everything you could fit in a bag was $5.  So I plunked down $10 and got:
Left stack: 100% cashmere.  Right stack: cashmere/angora/silk blends and other soft snugglies.

A truly hideous faux fur coat.





The entire left stack of the first picture is 100% cashmere.  The right stack from top to bottom: 2 unidentified but are so soft they feel like cashmere or cashmere/silk blend but it's possible one is just a super soft acrylic; 100% lambswool; brand name angora blend sweater with a strange furry ruffle at the neck; cashmere/angora blend fitted sweatshirt (this is a real every-day fantastic piece!!); brand name extra fine merino/cashmere/angora sweater; zig-zagged silk/cashmere blend with an off-center French-like bow at the neck.

The second picture is of this truly hideous coat they've had on the rack for quite some time.  I can understand why no one wants it: it's scratchy and rather ugly and the lining was coming out and was ripped.  But hey, I don't want to wear it, I want to cut it up!  Thanks to a good Christmas gift, I've got a pattern for a faux bear skin run, which is what this monster is going to become.  Stay tuned for pics of that!

So no one call the cops on me, ok?  But 14 items for $10 seems NUTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment