Monday, April 25, 2011

Outfit

Annnnnnnnd.... because I have time tonight, here's post #2!  I picked up a couple of really cute summer dresses over the last month and I managed to get pictures of a few of them.  I wish I'd gotten a picture of the one I wore this weekend.

Nate made me practice my "runway walk".

Dress: Thifted, Plato's Closet ($6). Shoes: umm... ages ago? Purse: Thrifted, Goodwill ($1). Necklace: Christmas gift from Nate.  Peek-a-boo cat: rescue (priceless).
Let's put it this way... The first time I wore one of these, I got hit on by a grocery store employee.  The second time I noticed a bunch of middle aged men staring at me all the time and a few quiet comments when I was the next aisle over.  The third time, the cashier at Goodwill very kindly told me I should consider contacts (implication: I was very pretty, and if I ditched the glasses he wanted a date :p).
After many years and some "self-esteem reprogramming" by my sweetheart, I can accept these compliments for what they are, and not get too flustered over it.  It's actually a confidence booster.  Who wouldn't want to be told they're beautiful?  Then I can come home, tell Nate, and he can cuddle me and feel confident in his beautiful "catch".

No comments:

Post a Comment