Sunday, September 25, 2011

Completed: Toothless!

So I finally took the time to sit down and spend some time away from my computer screen to craft.  My very first project was to make a stuffed Toothless from the movie How to Train Your Dragon.  Well, that was before I had my sewing machine, so I was piecing it all together by hand.

Well, needless to say that was long and slow and painstaking and I never actually managed to finish the poor guy.  I finally dug out all of his pieces and finished the last bit of sewing, stuffed him, and here he is!  My very first stuffed animal... about six months later :p.





Isn't he cute?  He's made of black velveteen cut from a skirt I never wore.  The wings and fins are all hand stitched for the veining (ugh!  Never doing THAT again!) and there are pipe cleaners in the edges of the wings.

I did learn a lot working on this guy.  The wings aren't really fully posable, and one of his legs likes to lay at a funny angle, but hey!  I've got a Toothless!  I'm just happy the poor guy is finally done and stuffed and not a pile of fabric pieces in my drawer.

Oh, and I used this tutorial.  Katy-A deserves the credit for making the pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment